Belleza Natural Eyelash Extensions
How incredible your eyelash extensions will look after leaving your treatment is 90% about how you maintain them with lash extension care.
We all know cleaning oils and bacteria off of our eyelash extensions can help them to last weeks longer, yet so many people are afraid just the opposite will happen. Every day I have lash clients tell me that they are afraid to clean their lashes, or that they feel cleaning the lashes actually makes the extensions fall off sooner.
Like anything, confidence is key. I will in detail show you the three easy steps to maintain and clean your lash extensions. You will see that not only do they last weeks longer, they will feel softer, less itchy, and more comfortable overall. Cleaning is so important because our lashes can get bacteria, and even mites if we do not take care of them. It won't matter if your mega volume lashes are on point if you have a stye or eye infection!
Oil is the enemy of lash extensions because it causes the adhesive to soften and clump up. So keeping natural oils from lids and fingers at bay is just as important as using oil free products near the eye area.
You can gently pat dry with a regular towel just be careful not to pull because the lashes can sometimes get caught on towel. Just do a gently pat in this case, or use a blow of the hair dryer on a cool setting.
1. No water for 24 hours. no steam for 48 hours.
2. Avoid getting any products on the lashes that contain oil or glycol as well as saline, or salts. If you sweat heavily rinse with water or oil free make up after your workout. Same goes for crying. Try and use eye drops that are saline free, if you are someone who needs eye drops.
3. When removing your eye makeup (liner, shadow, etc.), gently go over the area with a Q Tip instead of placing cotton pads or puffs over your lids—not only could you eventually weaken the extensions and mess them up, the cotton fibers get stuck on lashes. (Not cute).
4. Use either water or oil free eye make up remover. Can't find oil free eye make up remover in Ibiza? I sell them so do ask!
5. Brush lashes regularly with a clean mascara wand. Close one eye, place the wand on top of your lashes, then roll the brush over lashes to keep them defined.
6. Sleep on your back. This might sound like a crazy request (unless you already sleep on your back), but it's really important directly following your application, since the glue takes a while to dry fully and you'll otherwise get weird kinks. After a night or two, resume your normal sleeping position.
7. Resist playing with them. Your eyelashes shed naturally, so when you have extensions, this will help push them off. If an extension looks out of place, avoid playing with it or twisting or pulling it off—you'll risk losing your natural lashes. Let them come out on their own, and use a wand to brush them back into place in the meantime.
Are you guys obsessed with lash extensions like I am ;)